Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reason Number 101 to NOT shop at Wal-Mart

Danny and I have avoided our local Wal-Mart for years. There's no doubt that Wal-Mart has the lowest prices overall, but think about what you have to sacrifice for those lower prices. The parking lot is always full (and we always return to our car with a ding on the door), the lines are forever long, and have you seen the shoppers at Wal-Mart? It had been a while since we had set foot in a Wal-Mart, but Hunter needed plastic sleeves for his Pokemon cards and told us Wal-Mart was the place to get them....so there we were. We must have waited in line for 15 minutes. The woman ahead of us was in typical Wal-Mart shopper apparel--sweatpants and bright, multi-colored socks with sandals. She turned to me just before her turn at the check-out and asked, "Do you ever watch Oprah?" It's been years since I've watched any daytime TV, but I replied, "Sometimes." She said, "Did you see the one about the anti-aging drink with Dr. Oz?" "No, I missed that one." I wasn't sure where this was going. She then went on to tell me how I should not try to make the anti-aging drink. She had followed the recipe exactly and now she and "Chuck" both had constant diarrhea...and she told me this with her hand on my shoulder!
Was the shopping trip worth the savings? I say NOT!

2 comments:

Amiel said...

Wait! Is that not appropriate conversation?!

I made that same comment in line at Costco last week!....hmph

Trish said...

I could totally picture that experience! Thanks for making me laugh.
-Trish Hughes