Saturday, November 22, 2008

Welcome to the World, Bella!




I have almost survived the first two weeks of Bella's life. (She'll be two weeks old tomorrow.) I can't remember the last time I felt so tired. It was probably when Lucy was a newborn. But something is different this time. The night wakings, frequent feedings, diaper changes and need for attention don't seem to overwhelm me like they did with our other two children. Of course, Bella is no more special than Hunter and Lucy. I'm the one who is different. Maybe it's because it has been four and a half years since our last baby was born. Maybe it's because we have a seven-year-old and a four-year-old and I know how quickly babies grow. Whatever the reason, I'm enjoying every minute of Baby Bella's life, even if I am half asleep through it all.

5 comments:

Jeanne and CJ said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl. I hope that everyone is doing well.

Sarah said...

Guys, she's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations. You all look great. And I'm encouraged to hear that the 3rd is even easier than the 2nd! All the best- and a big hug from Ethan to Hunter!

Sheila said...

She is adorable. She reminds me a lot of Lucy, even in her little facial expressions. My kids keep saying, "She's so cute!" Can't wait to see her!

Amiel said...

Nice job you guys!

Jessica H said...

I can see some Dan in the picture of her in the pink outfit in her carseat. Congratulations!