I am still struggling with the fact that Lucy is 5. How did 5 years go by so fast?
We gave in to Lucy's pleads to have a party at Chuck E. Cheese's "where a kid can be a kid". It turned out to be a good thing for everyone. Grandpa Thorstenson surprised Lucy by bringing along her great grandma and great aunt.
Lucy loves to write notes and spends a good part of the day asking me how to spell different words. The other day we had this conversation:
Lucy: Mom, how do you spell duh?
Mom: You mean duh, as in, "Don't you know what I'm talking about?"
Lucy: Yeah.
Mom: D-U-H.
So, I watch as Lucy writes "duh" on her paper and go on with preparing dinner. Several minutes later, Lucy announces that her short story is finished and starts reading it to me.
Lucy: It's called, "Duh Unicorn". Once upon a time, duh unicorn....
Mom: Wait, you mean "THE" unicorn.
Lucy: Yeah, duh unicorn.
Needless to say, Lucy is still working on pronouncing "TH" . :)
No comments:
Post a Comment